Friday, July 13, 2012

Only what you do for Christ will last.

“Have you ever been taken advantage of?” 

This is a question I posed to a friend of mine. He had done something that didn’t sit right with me and I realized that it was because I felt like he had taken advantage of my kindness; my willingness to help.   When I asked him that, he was slightly taken aback. He didn’t realize that his actions were coming across that way. He couldn’t relate to what I was feeling because he himself had never felt that way.  At that moment, I realized I couldn’t expect people to react to or feel the same way about things as I did.  That I had to do things out of the kindness of my heart, out of love and out of love only. 

Fast Forward.

Tonight, much to my surprise, my wonderful church and organization that I proudly sit on the Board of Directors of, Set Free with Divine Intervention, recognized me for my contributions to the organization. And in that very brief moment of time, I felt more appreciated than I had felt in a VERY VERY long time. And then those words, spoken by Teresa, affectionately known as  “Auntie Breezy” were etched on my heart .

“Only what you do for Christ will last.”

It’s amazing how God teaches you things. His method isn’t always the same. Sometimes, things hit you in an instant.  Sometimes, you have to piece the lessons together.  And here’s what I’ve gathered. We are all put here with a purpose. And in some way, you were meant to be an angel in someone’s life. Whether, it’s support, or encouragement, or motivation, or even to be the bearer of harsh love;  God makes no mistakes and He WILL use you. So I motivate all of us, myself included, to continue to bless others. Continue to do God’s work in other people’s lives. You’d be amazed at the difference it makes to bother lives involved, yours and theirs. And if you do it, do it out of love. Because God is Love.  And after all….

Only what you do for Christ will last.



God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment